We believe teachers are the linchpins of education. They deserve the opportunity to observe and learn from their professional peers just as surgeons and lawyers do.
Our approach to professional development is grounded in inquiry and reflection, is participant driven and encourages sharing knowledge across educator networks. Our model seeks to produce self-directed persons with the capacity for high performance, both independently and as members of the community.
LAEP’s professional development improves the knowledge, instructional skills and methods of teachers in all the core academic subjects. We engage teachers in using data to address the individual learning needs of students and further the instructional mission of the school. Teachers collaborate to develop formative and summative assessments that improve the quality of teaching and learning.
Specific workshops we provide to improve the quality of instruction are:
- Adaptive SchoolsSM: Developing Collaborative Groups – leadership development and management
- Cognitive CoachingSM
- Solutions-based Learning: A Project-based Approach – creation of standards-based projects that engage students in deep critical thinking in all core academic subjects
- Student-led Conferences/Interactive Notebooks – interactive approach to formative assessment and engaging students and parents in data-informed discussion
- Teachers’ Center: An Interdisciplinary Workshop – team approach to developing rigorous, differentiated instruction
- SLC/Small Schools Retreat: Developing Mission-driven Schools – cohesive vertical plans aligned to content standards and the instructional mission of the school
For more information about LAEP’s professional development services, contact email@example.com, Director of Professional Learning, 213.622.5237.