Collaboration – a Path to Whole Child & Whole School Success
Learning Lab: For district and school teams
The two-day Learning Lab will emphasize and align strategies for collaboration through panels, presentations, skillbuilding sessions, and focused team discussions.
- What: 2-day Learning Lab: Collaboration – a Path to Whole Child & Whole School Success: a participatory workshop for teams to strengthen collaboration and discuss whole child efforts within their district.
- When: Wednesday, January 25, Registration at 9 am, Learning Lab at 9:30am – 4:30pm; and Thursday, January 26, Registration at 9 am, Learning Lab at 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Where: Radisson Hotel, Los Angeles Midtown at USC, 3540 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90007
- Cost: $25 per person (total for both days)
Children thrive when schools are collaborative places for staff, students, families, and communities.
Chris Edley, Co-founder and president of The Opportunity Institute.
Pedro Noguera, Distinguished Professor of Education in the Graduate School of Education and Information Sciences at UCLA.
John Shindler, Co-director of the Alliance for the Study of School Climate (CSULA)
Marisa Saunders, Annenberg Institute for School Reform at Brown University
- Frameworks and models for collaboration
- School climate
- Social-emotional learning
- Community school strategies
- Teacher leadership in the classroom and school site
- LCAP implementation
- Labor management relations
Teams participating in the Learning Lab will gain tools and leave better prepared to foster a collaborative climate and culture from the classroom to the district office and the boardroom!