Family Engagement Coordinator South Los Angeles Neighborhood Partnerships
Objective: The family engagement coordinator will be hired by LAEP and supervised by the Director of Community Schools. In partnership with LAEP and partner schools, the Family Engagement Coordinator will build family engagement strategies, cultivate family leadership, and strengthen relationships between families and school staff.
The Family Engagement Coordinator will:
- Collaborate with partner schools to build sustainable parent engagement strategies, including but not limited to:
- Facilitate parent workgroups within the partner schools to engage them as critical stakeholders and full partners in school transformation strategies.
- Include families conducting outreach and facilitating dialogue to ensure their involvement in the continuous improvement of the school.
- Coordinate parent-involvement programs and activities to support parent and student success, including adult education services and volunteer opportunities
- Develop protocols for monthly parent observations in classrooms
- Create a parent model for ongoing home visits.
- Meet with the stakeholders to develop a parent engagement implementation plan designed to coordinate, integrate, strengthen and manage resources and supports at each school site.
- Partner with school staff to build the capacity of parent centers
- Work as part of the LAEP Transform Schools team based at partner elementary, middle and high school campuses, focused on family engagement.
- Participate in the collection and input of evaluation data used to measure on-going program effectiveness of service providers and progress towards the school’s goals.
- Work with families, community partners, and the school in developing transition programs for middle school entry and transition to middle school that address social-emotional adjustment and academics.
- Participate in South LA Feeder Pattern and school wide workgroups to meet academic, social emotional, and wellness needs.
- Participate in South LA project team meetings and other meetings with project staff, campus administrators, and key partners to collaborate and review progress.
- Process documentation as required for administrative procedures, including timesheets and evaluation materials and tracking logs.
- Establish, review and update a current database list of parent supports and resources.
- Attend training sessions and conferences, as appropriate, to enhance the knowledge and skills needed for effective partnerships.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 years minimum experience in working with programs that support children’s academic success through parent engagement, family support and community/school collaboration. Previous school-based or teaching experience a plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong written and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Experience working with individuals with diverse ethnic backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excess, Access, PowerPoint)
- BA required, preferably in a related field such as education or social work
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the Family Engagement Coordinator is frequently required to sit; stand; stoop; bend; walk; talk; hear; use hands to grip, type; reach with hands and arms, occasionally required to stand or walk on uneven surfaces; and climb stairs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds
Licensing and Certification Requirements:
- Daily driving could be required, must provide own vehicle, valid Driver’s License and proof of full vehicle insurance coverage;
- Negative tuberculosis screen (required);
- Must pass criminal background check.
Required Documentation At Time Of Application:
- If you believe that you qualify for this position based upon education or training you have received, you will be required to provide a copy of your official transcripts or copy of diploma from the accredited college/university, and/or a copy of a certificate indicating your successful completion of any required training, before your qualifications will be evaluated.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Position is 40 hours/week
Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE) plus benefits, including medical, dental, retirement plan, vacation and sick leave.
Deadline to Apply: December 15, 2017
Send resume and cover letter to: Sara Noji at email@example.com