Teaching and Learning Coordinator Communication and Technology School
The Teaching and Learning Coordinator will be hired by LAEP and supervised by the Director of Teaching and Learning. In partnership with Communication and Technology School (CATS) and LAEP, the Teaching and Learning Coordinator will build a sustainable system of student, school and family supports that improves outcomes and creates an environment where students fulfill their potential.
The success of any student depends upon collaboration among educators, parents, nonprofits, government and businesses to create collective impact. Los Angeles Education Partnership is committed to facilitating collaborations that enable students to graduate college and career ready. We do this by enhancing teachers’ skills and collaboration, empowering students and parents, and engaging community organizations to partner with schools. Our commitment to creating effective schools is woven into the transformational models that we implement.
The Teaching and Learning Coordinator will:
Develop the school’s vision:
- Work as part of the LAEP Teaching & Learning team based at CATS, focused on the successful development and implementation of the Understanding by Design Framework and close reading lesson type and strategy.
- Assist in the development of the CATS organizational goals and objectives consistent with the vision, mission, and values of the school.
- Work collaboratively with the Instructional Leadership Team (ILT) and coach teachers in developing/supporting the strategic plan to align the vision, mission, and instructional priorities of the school.
- Support a culture of excellence, teamwork and collaboration among the staff, teachers, students, and families.
- Facilitate communication including, e.g., action plans, sustainability plans, or a monthly electronic newsletter.
Employ data analysis:
- Facilitate data analysis of student achievement and participate in preparation of goals and implementation of action plans.
- Assist ILT in developing data-informed decision making professional learning to support the establishment of a data driven culture and PLCs.
- Collaborate with teachers to implement a continuous cycle of professional growth that is responsive to student needs.
Facilitate professional development:
- Work with existing instructional support, coordinators, coaches and staff to strengthen instruction in all core content areas
- As needed, plan and facilitate weekly common planning periods with lead teachers, department chair persons, and school instructional teams.
- Employ Cognitive Coaching model and Adaptive Schools strategies to support teachers focusing on instructional strategies and classroom practices aligned to research and standards-based practices.
- Conduct demonstration lessons, facilitate peer observations, and provide feedback and ongoing support to ensure effective implementation of Common Core Standards
- Co-plan and co-facilitate ongoing work sessions with departments
- Participate in LAEP project workgroups, feeder pattern networks, coordinator networks, department meetings and all staff development meetings and activities.
- Participate in LAEP activities that support the culture and successes of LAEP and CATS.
- Participate in the collection and input of LAEP & CATS partnership evaluation data used to measure on-going program effectiveness of service providers and progress toward the school’s goals.
- Process documentation as required for administrative procedures, including invoices, timesheets, evaluation materials and tracking logs.
- A valid California teaching credential
- 5 years minimum full-time, content teaching experience in high school
- Preferred single subject ELA credential
- Prefer Cognitive Coaching and/or Adaptive Schools trained
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- BA required, Master’s degree preferred in a related field such as education, literacy, or math
- Experience with UbD and Close Reading
- Experience with implementation of Trauma Informed Instruction
- Experience with Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Experience with project planning for supports to increase student’s academic success through parent engagement, school collaboration, and social emotional health
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong written and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Experience developing and facilitating professional development trainings for faculty (i.e. Cognitive coaching; Design Thinking; Asset based strategies; Critical Friends culture; Adaptive schools’ strategies; Lesson study; Instructional Rounds; Modeling of CCSS-aligned instructional strategies)
- Experience facilitating strategic planning and collaboration around instructional priorities and grading practices
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate collaboration among diverse teachers and staff members
- Experience working with students of diverse abilities & backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Builds excellent rapport and relationships with students and parents
- Earns the respect of the school site staff and wider community
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the Teaching and Learning Coordinator is frequently required to sit; stand; stoop; bend; walk; talk; hear; use hands to grip, type; reach with hands and arms, occasionally required to stand or walk on uneven surfaces; and climb stairs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds
Licensing and Certification Requirements:
- Daily driving could be required, must provide own vehicle, valid Driver’s License and proof of full vehicle insurance coverage;
- Negative tuberculosis screen (required);
- Must pass criminal background check.
Required Documentation at Time of Application:
- If you believe that you qualify for this position based upon education or training you have received, you will be required to provide a copy of your official transcripts or copy of diploma from the accredited college/university, and/or a copy of a certificate indicating your successful completion of any required training, before your qualifications will be evaluated.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Position is 40 hours/week
- Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE) plus benefits, including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan and Personal Time Off (PTO).
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Teaching and Learning Coordinator” to Sara Noji at firstname.lastname@example.org and no later than Friday, September 29, 2017