Trauma-Informed Schools Initiative Program Assistant
Reports to: Project Director
The Program Assistant position is a two-year grant funded position, with the potential for extension, with Los Angeles Education Partnership. This position reports to the Project Director. This is currently a 75% position.
This project is designed to support and implement a trauma-informed school environment in selected K-12 schools both within and outside of California through a partnership with Kaiser Permanente. A central component of this project’s approach to a trauma-informed school environment is to embed practices at each school that prioritize the wellness of school employees in order to improve their overall health and wellness. This frame helps schools to support and retain quality teachers and staff by improving their resiliency and health, while also improving schools’ overall climate.
- Provide logistical support for the LAEP Trauma-Informed Schools initiative including the coordination of meetings, programs, professional development and events
- Establish efficient systems and processes for a new initiative
- Collect and process invoices, evaluation materials and tracking logs
- Maintain the evaluation data base including the collection of data from school sites and partners as needed
- Respond to and research requests as necessary
- Assist with program evaluation and data entry
- Support the consulting work of Trauma Informed Schools team including logistics, contract management and invoicing
- Process correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, and other documentation
- Maintain equipment and requisition office supplies as needed for all programs
- Develop forms and flyers as needed
- Provide support for travel arrangements and scheduling for the team
- Assist with budget and finance tracking
- Provide support for the hiring of new staff
- Receive report, conduct and/or return phone calls and emails
- Attend staff meetings
- Assist with planning and implementation of events, conferences, and meetings
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Passion for equity in public education
- Experience in clerical/administrative work, grant management and budgeting experience a plus
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills required. Proficiency in Microsoft office and Excel
- Background working with schools, parents, or community agencies preferred
- High school or GED certificate required; AA or BA preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the Program Assistant is frequently required to sit; stand; stoop; bend, walk; talk; hear; use hands to grip, type; reach with hands and arms, occasionally required to stand or walk on uneven surfaces; and climb stairs.
- The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds
Licensing and Certification Requirements:
- Transportation required, must provide own vehicle, valid Driver’s License and proof of full vehicle insurance coverage; negative tuberculosis screen (required); Hepatitis B vaccination (recommended). Must pass criminal background check.
Required Documentation At Time of Application:
- If you believe that you qualify for this position based upon education or training you have received, you will be required to provide a copy of your official transcripts or copy of diploma from the accredited college/university, and/or a copy of a certification indicating your successful completion of any required training, before your qualifications will be evaluated.
- Position is 30 hours/week
- Hourly: Depending on Experience (DOE) plus benefits, including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan and Personal Time Off (PTO).
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Program Assistant” in the subject line by COB April 13th, 2017