Position Description: Early Childhood & Family Engagement Childcare Worker (Part Time)
Reports to: Early Head Start (EHS) Program Manager
Summary: To provide childcare for children of parents/guardians who participate in varies activities such as events, meetings, socializations, trainings and workshops. Childcare is provided in varies locations: Antelope Valley, San Fernando Valley, San Gabriel Valley, East Los Angeles, South Los Angeles, and Long Beach.
Responsibilities and Initiatives:
– Report at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled activity
– Develop age appropriate childcare activities
– Develop childcare activity plan
– Prepare necessary materials plus healthy snacks and refreshments
– Ensure parents/guardians sign-in and out
– Ensure the safety of children and report any injuries or incidents to immediate supervisor and/or agency representative
– Set-up and clean-up
– Childcare interaction activities include: reading; arts & craft; board games; puzzles; music & movement and play.
– Report damage books and toys
– Submit sign-in sheets to supervisor
– Participate in mandatory meetings and trainings
– Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Any combination of experience that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
– At minimum, an Associates (AA) degree in child development (or equivalent coursework) or minimum of 6 credits in child development or proof of professional training or 1- year experience in childcare.
– Strong communication and organizational skills and interpersonal.
– Good computer skills preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Work and Excel)
– Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
Physical and Mental Requirements:
– While performing the duties of this job, the Childcare Worker is frequently required to sit; stand; stoop; bend; walk; talk; hear; use hands to grip, type; reach with hands and arms, occasionally required to stand or walk on uneven surfaces; and climb stairs.
– The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds
Environmental Factors and Working Conditions:
– Childcare Worker will serve children and their families in their community environment. Some environments are tile, some are carpeted; some are heated and some may or may not have air conditioning.
Licensing and Certification Requirements:
– Transportation required, must provide own vehicle, valid Driver’s License and proof of full vehicle insurance coverage; First Aid certification and Child CPR certification- required. Negative tuberculosis screen (required); Hepatitis B Vaccination (recommended). Must pass criminal background check.
Required Documentation At Time Of Application:
– If you believe that you qualify for this position based upon education or training you have received, you will be required to provide a copy of your official transcripts or copy of diploma from the accredited college/university, and/or a copy of a certificate indicating your successful completion of any required training, before your qualifications will be evaluated.
– Position is Part Time
– Salary: $12.00 Depending on Experience (DOE)
To submit your resume please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.